Tuesday 21 April 2009

Buy My Wardrobe


Dear Wardrobe,


I know, you are begging me to stop buying… you are becoming sick and full of my fashionable treasures.
Am I going out of control? Do I really have too much clothes… This is the eternal question for women.
Last weekend I found a solution to this embarrassing and unreasonable fashion sickness, whic
h I cannot justify anymore to my boyfriend. I've heard few weeks ago about a special fashion event in London. Of course the Fashionista that I am was not able to resist. So, last weekend, my Girlfriends Fashionista Crew and I decided to treat ourselves and go to 'Buy My Wardrobe'.
After few minutes and a free glass of Champagne from the VIP lounge, I fall in love with such a great idea. The deal is pretty clear: it is all about fashion recycling, which is bringing 20 selected very friendly 'Wardrobe Mistresses' to sell the content of their closets, full of fantastic designers clothes.
I promise, I had a deep breathe and tried to keep control of myself...but how can you when Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Yves Saint Laurent and Gucci clothes and accessories are surrounding you. Here we come again: me trying and spending, but what a nice surprise to discover that the selected pair of Jimmy Choo is only £60, the beautiful Isabel Marant dress only £25, and the Louis Vuitton bag (100% pure Leather) only £220… Am I dreaming? Can you believe when I am telling you that all articles where up to 75% discount (starting at £5).
Who is the great human being behind this event? Who came up with this great idea? Buy My Wardrobe is the Baby of designer Kal Kaur Rai who runs a successful clothing label, which is currently sold through over 100 boutiques worldwide. Kal is very much inspired by encouraging consumers to become more eco-conscious.
During this afternoon I had the opportunity to speak with designers and other Wardrobe Mistresses… I was looking for some professional advices so I stop by Loukia Wardrobe. She is a young designer, living between New York, London and Paris. Her inspirations come from label designers to personal vintage collection. She defines herself as a comfortable high-street Fashionista. She loves to shop at Bon Marché and Colette (sounds lovely). She was very sweet and friendly…Thank you. One advice from Loukia: Never wear UGG boots in the street (not even at home I would add).
Today I can be proud and explain to everyone that I found a system bringing together the desperately need of recycling my clothes and beating the credit crunch at the same time.

Your Fashionista- Recessionista.



www.buymywardrobe.com
VIP Tickets at £20 (Includes entry to the VIP Champagne Hour from 12am-1pm)
Doors entry at £5
Next event in September.

No comments: